I design products from zero to launch.
AWS Marketplace, Zillow, Qumulo, and Microsoft OfficeLive Workspace are a few examples of products that I’ve designed from zero to launch.
The bulk of my career is about turning new ideas into reality. I fall in love with problems and find creative ways to solve them.
At a high level, I am an end-to-end UX designer, product leader, strategist, people manager, researcher, UX writer, information architect, and visual designer. In recent years, my focus has been on holistic product and service design.
6 Utility Patents
- US 10,877,942: Filesystem capacity and performance metrics and visualizations
- US 10,409,784: A facility comprising methods and systems for analyzing and visualizing trends in the use and consumption of data in a shared storage system
- US 10,318,494: Analyzing and visualizing trends in the use and consumption of data in a shared storage system
- US 10,095,079: Filesystem capacity and performance metrics and visualizations
- US 9,836,480: Filesystem capacity and performance metrics and visualizations
- US 8,464,161: Managing permissions in a collaborative workspace
“I had the pleasure of working under Alix at a small startup in 2019. Alix led product and user experience. She spiritedly juggled managing the people on her team, the overall design vision of the product, cross-functional collaboration, and meeting the ever-evolving needs of the senior leaders across the company. Alix has a brilliant mind and readily shares and follows best practices in UX, team building, and leadership. I especially appreciated her radical candor and sense of humor. I genuinely look forward to working with her again.”Kelly Alleen-Willems, Manager, Strategic UX Research at Hulu, Direct Report at C-SATS/J&J
“Making on-premise file storage look great and be easy to use is a difficult task. But while at Qumulo, Alix did an amazing job understanding the users and designing a fantastic experience. She had her hand every piece of the Qumulo experience from day 1, and produced great results. Nearly every new customer would credit the “ease of use” as one of their key reasons they chose our product. In addition to making a great product together, I had a great time working with Alix. She brings energy and fun to everything she does.”Mike Krasnow, Senior Product Manager at Chef Software, Peer at Qumulo
“Alix was our first designer at Zillow and is more responsible than any for Zillow’s look and feel today. She is talented and, above that, she is positive, quirky, and fun force on a day to day basis. A real pleasure to work with.“Rich Barton, Co-Founder & CEO at Zillow Group, Leader
“Alix was a delight to work with on a long project that could have easily taken its toll on her energy. But Alix is tireless and her ability to product expands to accommodate whatever needs to be delivered. She is thoughtful and creative and highly collaborative.”Manine Golden, Director of Product & Engineering at Amazon, Manager at AWS
“There is no other.”Chewie Han, Senior Lead Canine, Dog at Home
Books that Influence Me
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- Hooked by Nir Eyal
- The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Story of the Little Mole Who Went In Search of Whodunit by Warner Holzwarth and Wolf Erlbruch